Sunday, January 6, 2013

Black Talon Tattoo Review.

So I recently got a tattoo and I am totally in love with it!

My friend took me to his tattoo guy in Arcadia, CA to Black Talon Tattoo.
I met with his guy Jay Miyagi-- and can I just say this man works wonders?

He was not only the nicest person ever, but his talent and skill are impeccable.

Jay worked with me in a rather large cover up of a crane that ended up looking more like a chicken than a crane on my back.
The one thing I really, really, reeeaaaallllyy, liked about Jay was the fact he was willing to listen to what I wanted and work with me.

I had been looking around for other artists and a lot of them said they'd be able to cover up my back but would immediately jump into what their vision was and what they wanted to put.

Jay wasn't like that.

He listened to what I wanted and then infused his vision with that-- and his vision was amazing.

He ended up covering my chicken with the Buddha Kwan Seum Bosal, which is a prayer and name of a Buddha I already have on my back in Korean characters.

The Buddha is on fresh skin on the upper left of my back and the body is covering up the chicken/crane.

I have to say that Jay is one of the most talented people I've ever met!
He is also very down to earth and that's what makes being around him also very comfortable.

If anyone is looking for an amazing artist, I definitely recommend Jay Miyagi of Black Talon Tattoo.

***

Now in case you're wondering why I'm writing a review for this place and not yelping about it is this:

I do Yelp and review places all the time, but I've realized I want to create more of a personal blog of all the places I've been.
Of course this blog will be a mixture of both blogging about places and my life experiences and the like and not merely just one or the other.

Anyway, why am I clarifying this? I'm not sure, it just makes me feel better to have things in order and in writing rather than noted in my head

Until next time,

Adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment